Hello Substantial Living,
As we wrapped up a sold-out Rewire Your Brain: Yoga + Food as Medicine event this weekend, I thought I would share a few snaps from the event on our take for clean eating, or as I call it, Eating with Meaning. A gorgeous start with candlelight Sufi meditation and yoga with Aylin Guvenc ended with a super healthy, Substantially-designed simple dinner with just the right amount of nutrition for our brains and design from nature.
During the practice, we lit a Hawaiian soy candle from Malie-an organic beauty brand from Hawaii that my best friend’s from Hawaii had sent me for my birthday. This candle captures the fresh, lush green scent of the native Maile vine in Hawaii’s oldest rainforest. Such a beautiful scent, and rainforests have always been sacred for me. I also loved that Aylin ended the practice with the singing bowl one of my other best friends had sent me from a temple in Vietnam.
- Maile Koke’e Soy Hawaiian Rainforest Candle
- Green Tea from my family’s tea plantation in India
- Orange Lentils with Ayurvedic spices-Multi-Color Quinoa-Basmati rice with
- Homemade bread crostini’s with avocado or Gloucester cheese and my LIFE Indian artisanal probiotic gourmet spread
- Handwritten thank you notes with breathing stress tips and bread recipe
- Microgreens– Vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E, lutein, and beta-carotene good for eyes; All of these nutrients are extremely important for skin, eyes, and fighting cancer.
- Orange Lentils-contain high levels of protein, including essential amino acids isoleucine and lysine and are an essential source of inexpensive protein diet. 2.It also contains fiber, folate, vitamin B1 and minerals.
- Quinoa – Potassium, Protein and Fiber
- LIFE LONGEVITY Spicy Probiotic Vegetables with Ayurvedic Spices– Good for your GI health and brain health