Hello Substantial Living!
As I’m coming off the weekend with new brunch ideas and having eating delicious lunch in Napa at Bistro Don Giovanni, my latest creation is a bombardment of green veggies on a fresh piece of bread. Imagine a powered version of the always-loved (but often over-priced!) avocado toast with roasted asparagus, scallions, persian cucumbers, etc. So here’s my latest healthy recipe!
- 1 TBS of finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 chopped avocado
- 2-3 EVOO- roasted asparagus
- 1 TBS finely chopped persian cucumbers
- 2-3 finely sliced radishes
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of EVOO
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 TBS of my SUBSTANTIAL Pickled Achar
If you wanted to add some extra protein that is not plant-based, I recommend a few different delicious additions:
- Deviled egg side topped 1 tsp of my probiotic LONGEVITY Achar
- Poached egg on top of toast
- Fried egg on top of toast
- Smoked trout on top of toast
All of these are really really yummy and SO good for our health honoring nature. Here’s why:
- Fermentation preserves the food, and creates beneficial enzymes, b-vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, and various strains of probiotics.
- Probiotics are scientifically proven to be beneficial for a naturally good gut health as well as brain health.
- Greens such as asparagus, scallions, cucumber, radishes, avocados are the REAL deal- filled with a variety of vitamins and nutrients powering a healthy mind and body. I love eating minimally- processed foods because keeping aligned with natural processes is the most authentic form of respect and connection we can have to our environment.